- Determine what your Goal is. What is it that you want to achieve.
Create a SMART Plan for your goal. A SMART Plan is used widely in retail and other businesses. A SMART Plan is; S=Specific, M=Measurable, A=Actionable, R=Realistic and T=Timely.
- List what task must be completed, for you to reach your goal.
- Create a SMART Plan for each task as well.
- You will tackle each task one by one.
- Now, you want to take each task and break it down by what you can get done each week and then break it down by what can get done each day
- Your SMART Plan is like your task sheet. On your SMART Plan you will be putting the task, how you will complete the task, how long it will take you to complete the task and checking off if the task was completed or not.
- Ultimately, you want to do one thing every day that will move you closer to your goal.
- Calendars/Planners and alarms are a must in goal setting. It doesn't matter what kind you use as long as you are using something, it just helps you stay On Task, On Track and On Time.
- What do you do when a task for the day doesn't get completed? Life happens, no doubt about that but what you do is you look at the next day and see if you are able to fit the unfinished task into that day’s schedule. When this happens to me, I like to get started on the unfinished task first before I continue with that day’s task and if for some reason, that task can't be put into the next day’s schedule, find a day where it will fit. You will do this for week for task that did not get completed in the allotted week as well.
- At the end of each day, go over your SMART Plan Task Sheet and see what you've accomplished and what needs to be moved over to the next day. Keep a Goal Journal of what worked for the day and what didn't work, what you could have done differently and what you want to keep on doing.
I know you may think, all of this seems daunting but, it’s not. Managing your goals makes it easier for you to reach them because the plan to achieve the goal is written out and, in your face daily. You are checking off each thing that gets done and it's an exciting feeling when things are accomplished and don't forget to CELEBRATE every accomplishment.
Don't stress about what didn't get done because it will get done. Don't overdo it but don't do nothing at all either. Pace yourself, take one day, week, month, year, decade and if you are so lucky, century at a time, LoL. It may also be in your best interest to seek the assistance of a business coach, like me. Having someone there to assist and guide you through your journey to your goal is Amazing but having someone there to hold you accountable is PRICELESS!
How I Can Help You
If you are like many, planning and getting organized is not your forte, you want to be productive and reach those goals that you've set for yourself but there never seems to be enough time in the day or you just don't know how or where to get started. Well do I have the perfect solution for you. I offer a coaching service called
'Goal Digger’ It’s a one-time payment, that's extremely low and once you've decided to go for it, I will help you visualize your goals, get you started on your SMART Plans and help you create a winning business strategy based around your goal. This is what you get.
- Initial 2-Hours of One-On-One Coaching with me, over the phone, online, in-person (local only) or a combination of the 3.
- Mini Vision Board - Downloadable.
- SMART GOAL Sheet - Downloadable.
- Task Breakdown Sheet - Downloadable.
- Sample Calendar
- 30 Days of Follow-Up via phone, online or in-person (local only) or a combination of the 3.
- Invite to my monthly group conference call.
- Invite to my Private Facebook Group 'Goal Diggers'